Friday, January 8, 2010

I Teach For I Wish.

This coming Wednesday, January 13, I'm teaching an introduction to rum class at Las Tablas, 2942 N. Lincoln Ave. in Chicago.

This is the first of several classes I'm doing on distilled spirits and, yes, they will include tasting.

The classes are being offered by I Wish, as in their slogan, "What do you wish you could learn?" Mine are part of their 'Drinks Around The World' tour.

In addition to rum, I'm teaching classes on cognac, single malt scotch and, naturally, bourbon.

They're open to the public but, of course, you have to be at least 21 years old and have to register in advance.

The bourbon classes are on February 1, March 8 and April 5, which are all Mondays. They will be held at Rocks, 1301 West Schubert Ave. The cognac classes are on January 25, February 24, and April 6, at Stretch Run, 544 N. LaSalle St. The SMS class I'm teaching is on January 27, but there are other dates. It will be held at the Bar on Buena, 910 W. Buena Ave.

All of the sessions begin at 7:00 PM and run about an hour to an hour-and-a-quarter, and students are always welcome to remain at the bar to study the subject further on their own.

The I Wish way is to keep it light and informal, with lots of interaction, but with solid content and teachers who know their stuff. The purpose of these drinks classes is mostly to introduce people to I Wish, which offers private lessons, group lessons, and scheduled classes on a wide variety of subjects.

For more information, go to iwishlessons.com.

No comments: