Friday, January 29, 2010

George T. Stagg, the Candy Bar.

BonBonBar is a very small candy maker in Northern California. As they put it, "BonBonBar combines the fun of candy bars with the quality of artisan confections."

Some time ago they did a Scotch Candy Bar using Talisker Distillers Edition Single Malt Scotch.

Their new creation, the Bourbon Candy Bar, combines George T. Stagg bourbon (the 2008, 141.8° proof expression) with caramel, dark chocolate, Maldon salt, and black pepper. There is a corn wafer embedded in the top surface. They're $5 each in boxes of three or six.

Bourbon candies are pretty common in Kentucky. Bourbon balls are ubiquitous, especially at Derby time. I've never seen anyone take it this far. Sounds good.

2 comments:

laz said...

thanks for the pointer, I ordered a 3 pack :)

sku said...

I can attest that BonBonBar makes fabulous candies. The Talikser bar is one of my all time favorites. I can't wait to try the Stagg bar.